Ten Taboos of Men’s Suits
When it comes to men’s suits, there are certain standards and expectations of quality, style and professionalism. However, there are also certain taboos that should be avoided at all costs. It’s important to know the rules of fashion when it comes to men’s suits, especially if you’re looking to make a good impression in the professional world. Here are ten taboos of men’s suits that you should be aware of:
1. Buttoning the Bottom Button: It’s a classic mistake that many men make. The bottom button on a suit should never be buttoned. Doing so ruins the look of the suit and can make it appear too tight and uncomfortable.
2. Not Matching the Tie and Shirt: When wearing a suit, it’s important to match the color of your tie and shirt. A good rule of thumb is to keep the colors within the same family.
3. Wearing Patterned Suits: For a more formal look, it’s best to stick to solid-colored suits. Patterned suits may be stylish, but they can be too distracting and look too casual.
4. Wearing the Wrong Size: An ill-fitting suit is an immediate no-no. Make sure to get your suit tailored to ensure a perfect fit.
5. Not Accessorizing Properly: Men’s suits should be accessorized properly with such items as a pocket square, tie clip, and cufflinks. Doing so adds a touch of style and sophistication to the look.
6. Wearing a White Shirt: White shirts are generally reserved for more formal occasions and should not be worn with a suit. Instead, opt for a light blue or grey shirt.
7. Wearing a T-Shirt Underneath: T-shirts should never be worn underneath a suit. Doing so ruins the look and makes it appear too casual.
8. Wearing Shiny Shoes: Shiny leather shoes are a no-no when it comes to wearing a suit. Opt for a pair of matte leather shoes instead.
9. Wearing a Belt With Suspenders: When wearing suspenders with a suit, it’s important to avoid wearing a belt. Doing so creates an awkward and uncomfortable look.
10. Wearing the Wrong Socks: When wearing a suit, it’s important to wear socks that match the color and style of the suit. Avoid wearing white socks with a suit as it looks too casual. By following these ten taboos, you’ll be able to create a stylish, professional look when wearing a suit. Whether you’re going to an important business meeting or a formal event, these tips will help you look your best.
Stay stylish and organized with Modoker men's suit bag - perfect for any occasion!